Monday, February 24, 2014

FRENCH ARMOIRE

 
 
Its not a classic French Armoire but its heavy like one. Im over joyed to start the new year
with something so grand and beautiful but I didnt plan it that way.
 
 
I painted it in ASCP Old White then a second layer done in a pale turquoise mixed from ASCP Florence.
The third layer was a wash of ASCP Old White. All the distressing is done with a sponge.
Check out my wet distressing tutorial here:
http://blogspot.ca/2013/02/the-art-of-wet-distressing-tutorial.html

 
The interior just didnt look right when I opened the pretty doors to see a dark hole so I put her on a
 dolly and wheeled her out onto the top step and carefully sprayed her when the sun was out on the
 first day of the year.
 

 Here you can see the classic dark finish from the good ole 70s

 
I really enjoy distressing features like these to show them off.
 
 
There is lots of storage inside and extra room on top for baskets or display.



No comments:

Post a Comment